"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Friday, May 14, 2010

Taste Buds

Did you know that at the back of your tongue there are rows of taste buds that can taste only bitter things? Many bitter substances tend to be poison so this is the body's last defense against ingesting poisonous things! My first reaction to this knowledge was, "Wow! God has thought of everything! Not only does He protect me with His presence, but He protects me with His amazing design." My second reaction was, "Wow! This information was given to me by someone speaking purely scientifically, not necessarily a person of faith." These are the kinds of things that keep confirming to me that God is the Creator of the universe and that He also created me. Tell me how something so specific could be possible without an intelligence making it so? And not only that, there are hundreds if not thousands, if not millions of other examples of this in our lives and in our world...

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth." Psalm 139:13-15 (ESV)

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." Colossians 1:16 (NIV)

"All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." John 1:3 (NASB)

Dear Lord, Thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Help me to know it very well.


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment