"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All to Thee

The easiest way to live the Christian life is to live a life that is in complete surrender to God. Lately, I have been wondering about the difference between a Christian who grows in the Lord over a period of time and one who stays the same, doing the same old things, having the same old attitudes. I was struggling with this and asking the Lord to speak to me about why some people have a vibrant, growing faith and others do not. His answer to me was "Surrender".

Is your life your own or does it belong to God? Are you sitting on the throne of your life or is God? Who is in control of all of the situations that come up in your life, you or God? And if you do give all of the circumstances of your days to Him, do you leave it there with Him, or do you take it back later in the day to handle it your own way?

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit.

You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, and you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.

By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples." John 15:1-8 (NASB)

I Surrender All by Judson Van DeVenter 1896

All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

As my pastor said in church a few weeks ago, the life that is growing in the Lord is a life without fear. It is a life fully surrendered to God.

Dear Lord, I surrender all of my days and all of my moments to You. Please Help me to abide in You and in Your word. Help me to remember that I am not my own; I have been bought with a price. All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.



No comments:

Post a Comment