"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Friday, December 17, 2010

Maybe You Think I'm Whimpy...

I don't know about you but I need a Savior.  Maybe you think I'm wimpy.  Maybe you think you're stronger than that or better than that or smarter than that, but honestly,  having a Savior makes me stronger, better, smarter.  I am positive that I am living a better life with Him than I would be without Him.  So call me weak, worse, stupid.  I would never change my mind.  I would never turn back.

A few days ago I wrote a post entitled, "What Does Jesus Teach?"  Jesus teaches us a better way to live.  Most people live for themselves and never find real peace.  Those who follow Jesus live for Him and to serve Him.  Oh, this doesn't make us perfect, but it does give us a worthy goal: to be like Him!  A life lived in pursuit of Jesus Christ is a better life indeed...

We need a Savior to save us from spiritual poverty, despair, hopelessness, sin, selfishness, self-destructiveness, evil, hatred, strife, deceit, condemnation, loneliness, meanness, depravity, fear, pride, haughtiness, immorality, slander, envy, greed, ungodliness, unrighteousness, gossip, malice, insolence, arrogance, disobedience, foolishness.   If you don't see at least one of those issues (usually there are many) plaguing your life then you can say, "Pashaw!"  But Honestly, you'd be lying to yourself.  The nature of humankind is bent and it is not bent in the right direction.  Jesus rebends us, he reshapes us into a figure resembling Himself.  Our job is to let Him do His work in our lives.

We all need a Savior and there is only one given as it says in John 14:6, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" (NIV)  And  "And now to him who can keep you on your feet, standing tall in his bright presence, fresh and celebrating—to our one God, our only Savior, through Jesus Christ, our Master, be glory, majesty, strength, and rule before all time, and now, and to the end of all time. Yes."  Jude 1:24-25 (The Message)

"So, friends, confirm God's invitation to you, his choice of you. Don't put it off; do it now. Do this, and you'll have your life on a firm footing, the streets paved and the way wide open into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:10-11 (The Message)

Dear Lord and Savior,  Thank you and welcome to our world. 

Image courtesy of Photobucket.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment