"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Thursday, December 9, 2010

This is Love...

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. "  1 John 4:10 (NIV)

"What a stack of blessing you have piled up for those who worship you, Ready and waiting for all who run to you to escape an unkind world. You hide them safely away from the opposition. As you slam the door on those oily, mocking faces, you silence the poisonous gossip. Blessed God! His love is the wonder of the world. Trapped by a siege, I panicked. "Out of sight, out of mind," I said. But you heard me say it, you heard and listened. "  Psalm 31:19-22 (The Message)

"Do not be like the horse or the mule,  which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.   Many are the woes of the wicked,  but the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him."  Psalm 32:9-10

"He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD."  Psalm 33:5 (ESV)

"God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks."  Psalm 36:5-6  (The Message)

"By day the LORD directs His love, at night His song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life."  Psalm 42:8 (NIV)

"So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you."  Psalm 63:2-4 (The Message)

"Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.  For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.  Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace."  Psalm 86:4-6 (ESV)

"Train me, God, to walk straight; then I'll follow your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I'll worship in joyful fear. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, dear Lord; I've never kept secret what you're up to. You've always been great toward me—what love! You snatched me from the brink of disaster! God, these bullies have reared their heads! A gang of thugs is after me— and they don't care a thing about you. But you, O God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit. So look me in the eye and show kindness, give your servant the strength to go on, save your dear, dear child! Make a show of how much you love me so the bullies who hate me will stand there slack-jawed, As you, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet."  Psalm 86:11-17 (The Message)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 (NASB)

"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul."  Psalm 31:7 (NIV)

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.   They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:21-23 (NIV)

Dear Lord,  Thank You for Your great Love!  Thank You for Your great faithfulness!

Image courtesy of Photobucket.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment