"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we could ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Importance of Fathers

If you think a father isn't important, just ask someone who doesn't have one. If you don't have a father, chances are Father's Day is a difficult day for you. Whether you've never had a father or you've lost your father, the importance of fathers is especially poignant on and around Father's Day.

So for those of us without fathers on this Father's Day, I being one of them, let's look at the Father of all Fathers, the Father to the Fatherless, God the Father. Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." John 10:30 (NASB)

"Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation." Psalm 68:5 (ESV)

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18 (ESV)

"I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done—kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in His love." John 15:9 (The Message)

"But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children..." Psalm 103:17 (NIV)

"Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David." Isaiah 55:3 (ESV)

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV)

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not." 1 John 3:1 (KJV)

"So Moses cut two tablets of stone just like the originals. He got up early in the morning and climbed Mount Sinai as God had commanded him, carrying the two tablets of stone. God descended in the cloud and took up his position there beside him and called out the name, God. God passed in front of him and called out, "God, God, a God of mercy and grace, endlessly patient—so much love, so deeply true—loyal in love for a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, rebellion, and sin. Still, he doesn't ignore sin. He holds sons and grandsons responsible for a father's sins to the third and even fourth generation." Exodus 34:4 (The Message)

"...and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to Him. For the LORD is your life, and He will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." Deuteronomy 39:20 (NIV)

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." John 14:24 (NASB)

"Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love." 2 John 1:3 (NIV)

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." John 10:29-30 (NASB)

Dear Lord, Thank You that although my earthly father left me 18 years ago, You have been a Father to me and One who loves me unconditionally with an everlasting love. Thank You that no matter what I have or have not had, You have always been with me and You will never leave me nor forsake me...

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment